We Have Over 50 Years of Experience Creating Detailed and Long Lasting Interior Painting, Exterior Painting,Wallpaper and Wall Covering Projects for NJ Homeowners
Homeowners frequently have questions about the process of painting their house or installing new wallpaper or wall coverings. We developed a detailed preparation and installation procedures for a typical home based on successfully completing thousands of interior painting projects in NJ for over 50 years that we have been in business.
We believe our process will insure that your home interior painting or wallpaper project will be completed on time, for the price quoted and your expectations will be met.
We have a written daily clean-up checklist that our crews follow. We don’t just say we clean up every day, we put it in writing. We understand your home is of great value to you and our crews are trained to act like guests. All garbage and debris will be removed daily. We also leave “touch up” paint clearly marked as to where it was applied.
Below is a list of our most common services for homeowners. There are other services that we can provide. If you don’t see what you need on our list – please contact us and we will give you our experience with your requested service and any other helpful information we have so you can make the best decision.
Interior Painting, Exterior Painting and Wall Covering Services for Existing Homes and New Construction
- NJ Fine Interior Painting – The professionals at Andrew Picone Painting focus a great deal of attention on the finer details for each interior painting project. We respect the importance of your home and have created specialized working processes that ensure that your home remains clean and undamaged.We protect your furniture, appliances and fixtures with high quality drop clothes and this allows you to continue your everyday household routine with the minimum of disruption.
- Exterior Painting – There are many different exterior residential surfaces; concrete, brick, and wood siding. We understand that each of these surfaces require a different type of coating material to achieve a high quality painting project.Choosing the proper coating for each surface and properly preparing the surface is very important and will lead to a job that lasts for many years.For more than 50 years we have provided exceptional exterior painting services for discriminating homeowners in Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, Chatham, Summit and New Vernon New Jersey.
- Wallpaper and Wall Covering Removal and Installation – Our goal is to create dramatic and memorable interiors for our discerning clients in Chatham with beautiful wallpaper and wall coverings. We are longtime members of the National Guild of Professional Paperhangers (NGPP). The Guild is widely recognized as the premier association for education and best practices in the industry.We know you appreciate the beauty that wallpaper, wall covering and fine interior painting can bring to your home.We carefully remove your old wallpaper or wall covering in a neat and orderly manner. We protect your furniture, appliances and fixtures with high quality drop clothes and this allows you to continue your everyday household routine with the minimum of disruption.
- Interior Staining – At Picone Painting we are experienced in the staining and finishing of new or existing woodwork and cabinetry. This includes libraries, wall units, entertainment systems and trim.We can also strip and refinish existing trim and wood handrails.
- Decorative Finishes – There are many spectacular possibilities available through the world of decorative finishes. Decorative painting techniques present an extensive variety of creative choices that can produce some truly remarkable effects.Picone Painting will make you aware of all the options available to you. These options may include Venetian Plaster, Wood Graining, Wall Glazes, Strie or many others. All finishes will be properly applied by our craftsmen.
- Installation of Interior Trim – At Picone Painting we can assist you with your interior trim needs, such as the installation of Crown Molding, Chair Rails, Wainscoting and Picture Moldings.
- Cedar Wood Roof Treatments – One of the specialties at Picone Painting is the cleaning and protective treatment of cedar roofs.Moisture and sunlight are the two significant problems for cedar roofs.Over years rain removes the natural preservatives from the wood and leaves it vulnerable to depreciation. Water enters the wood and causes the wood to expand and contract. This expansion and contraction creates cracks in the wood and allows algae, moss and fungi to grow. Left alone their growth will lead to premature roof failure.
The sun’s rays break down the cells in the top layer of the wood which are then washed away by the rain. This then leads to the different shades of “greying” which is actually a visual sign of the deterioration of the wood.
Treatment of your wood roof will protect it from moisture and sunlight damage. Protecting your wood roof not only allows it to look great but can also double the life of your roof.
- Color Consulting – Are you unsure about which paint colors to select for your project? With an endless amount of colors to choose from it can be difficult to find the shade that best compliments your décor.Picone Painting can help you with your color decision. We can share with you the latest color trends for each room of your home.
For Over 50 Years We Have Proudly Provided
Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Wallpaper and Wall Covering Removal
and Installation Services for Homeowners in:
Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, Chatham, Far Hills, Harding Township, Madison, New Vernon, Short Hills, Summit, NJ