Only Paint Every 7 to 10 Years and Many Don’t Know
What Questions to Ask to Evaluate A Painting Contractor.
The following information is provided to assist property owners and homeowner’s in choosing a painting contractor. This is not an exhaustive list and all of the questions may not apply to your situation.
We will be happy to provide you with a complete copy of our consumer guide and step-by-step process prior to our first meeting.
Here are 3 areas we recommend you consider in evaluation every painting contractor you talk to:
- The Reputation and Business Stability of the Painting Company
- Their Experience and Methodology
- Written Estimate with Price Guarantee
For each area simply ask the questions and ask the painting contractor to provide the evidence to support their answers.
Reputation and Business Stability of the Painting Company
- Are you registered with the State of New Jersey as a Home Improvement Contractor and will you provide us with your registration number?
Are you certified in Lead Safe Work Practices as required by Federal Law as of April 22, 2010 and will you provide the appropriate proof?
- Will you supply a copy of your current insurance certificate?
- Will you provide a copy of your business registration for your current company?
(This is proof of how long they have been in business under this name.)
- Can you provide me with a reference list with at least 20 recent customers?
- Are you a member of the professional association(s) for your trade(s)?
Experience and Methodology
- Will you provide a detailed breakdown of the service you are providing?
- Will you provide a bio of the supervisor who will be on our project?
- Do you have a written policy regarding drugs and alcohol by your crews?
- How much of a deposit do you require?
Service Before, During and After the Project
- Will you provide me your warranty in writing?
- Have you ever repainted or repaired a project that was out of warranty?
- What is your company phone policy?
- How often do you meet with homeowner to review job progress?
- Do you provide a price guarantee?
We hope these questions give you the information you need to make the best choice when it comes to hiring, evaluating and working with a New Jersey professional painting contractor to paint your home or install new wallpaper or wall coverings.
We will be happy to provide you with a complete copy of our consumer guide prior to our first meeting. We live by our guide. We know this sets a standard that we can be proud of and that the majority of our competitors can’t match. Upon request we will gladly provide you with our written proof of compliance with each question.
For Over 50 Years We Have Proudly Provided Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Wallpaper and Wall Covering Removal and Installation Services for Homeowners in:
Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, Chatham, Far Hills, Harding Township, Madison, New Vernon, Short Hills, Summit, NJ